[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem with plugin development guide example

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Wed Oct 20 01:01:41 BST 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 12:48:30AM +0100, Tim Pizey wrote:
> this is my first outing with rabbitmq, erlang and make so apologies if
> I have made a stupid oversight.

You have not. The plugin development guide is out of date. It is
unlikely to be corrected before bug23274 lands, which substantially
alters plugin development again (albeit for the better).

To be honest, at this stage, I'd recommend updating the public umbrella
to bug23274, taking a look at some of the exchange Makefile and
package.mk in repos such as rabbitmq-shovel (again, on branch bug23274),
and reading the README.makefiles in the public umbrella. Much of the
plugin development guide will still be correct, but where it talks about
Makefiles and such like, it'll be badly wrong. If you're developing a
plugin that works with the erlang client (more than likely the case),
you'll also want that on branch bug23274 - in fact, is just safest to
have _everything_ on that branch, right at the moment ;)

Apologies for this situation - hopefully it should be sorted out
reasonably soon.

Matthew