[rabbitmq-discuss] one more time...

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Wed Oct 13 02:31:02 BST 2010

Meredith Gregory <lgreg.meredith at gmail.com> writes:
> So, i uninstalled rabbitmq and reinstalled again. Still to no avail. Any
> help would be most appreciated.
>
> [...]
> bash-3.2$ sudo rabbitmqctl start
> {error_logger,{{2010,10,12},{17,28,5}},"Failed to create cookie
> file",[]}

Based on your previous mail, I suspect you've ended up with the wrong
ownership on /opt/local/var/lib/rabbitmq.  It should be writable by the
rabbitmq user.

So

sudo chown -R rabbitmq:rabbitmq /opt/local/var/lib/rabbitmq
sudo chmod -R u+rwx /opt/local/var/lib/rabbitmq

should get "sudo rabbitmq-server" or "sudo port load rabbitmq-server"
to work (I'm not sure where you've got "rabbitmqctl start" from).

David

--
David Wragg
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ