[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq install on mac 10.6.4 os using macports

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Oct 8 09:21:35 BST 2010

Stephen,

spasco wrote:
> Following the Macports install notes here (running Mac 10.6.4):
>
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/install.html#macports
>
> I'm getting a not so intuitive error upon starting RabbitMQ (see below).

How are you starting rabbit?

> WARNING: module gen_server2 not found, so not scanned for boot steps.
> WARNING: module rabbit_tests not found, so not scanned for boot steps.
> WARNING: module test_sup not found, so not scanned for boot steps.

Very strange. That looks like missing files / wrong permissions.

Does
/opt/local/lib/rabbitmq/lib/rabbitmq_server-2.1.0/ebin/gen_server2.beam
exists? What's the size of the file? Are its permissions the same as
/opt/local/lib/rabbitmq/lib/rabbitmq_server-2.1.0/ebin/rabbit.beam?

OR (and perhaps more likely), this could be an Erlang version issue. The
current version of Erlang in macports is R14A, but the output from your
rabbit startup indicates that it is running R13B04. Do you have an old
version of Erlang installed somewhere?

Regards,

Matthias.