[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ.Client.Net error: SocketException: The descriptor is not a socket (on mono 2.8)

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Sun Oct 3 10:27:12 BST 2010

Pablo,

Pablo Ruiz wrote:
> I'm getting the following error randomly: [...]
>
> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The descriptor is not a socket
> [...]
>   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ConnectionBase.ClosingLoop () [0x00000] in
> <filename unknown>:0

That looks like a race between the server closing the socket and the
client setting a timeout on the socket. I've filed a bug to look into this.

As a quick hack to work around this you may want to try commenting out
the 'm_frameHandler.Timeout = ConnectionCloseTimeout' line in
ConnectionBase.ClosingLoop.

Regards,

Matthias.