[rabbitmq-discuss] queue related error when declaring an exchange

Ovidiu Deac ovidiudeac at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 22:15:30 BST 2010

Hi,

I get this exception when I try to declare an exchange:

RabbitMQ.Client.Exceptions.OperationInterruptedException : The AMQP
operation was interrupted: AMQP close-reason, initiated by Peer,
code=404, text="NOT_FOUND - no queue 'myqueue' in vhost '/'",
classId=50, methodId=30, cause=
   [nunit2]   at
RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.SimpleBlockingRpcContinuation.GetReply ()
[0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
   [nunit2]   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ModelBase.ModelRpc
(RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.MethodBase method,
RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ContentHeaderBase header, System.Byte[] body)
[0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
   [nunit2]   at
RabbitMQ.Client.Framing.Impl.v0_8.Model.ExchangeDeclare (System.String
exchange, System.String type, Boolean passive, Boolean durable,
Boolean autoDelete, Boolean internal, Boolean nowait, IDictionary
arguments) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
   [nunit2]   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ModelBase.ExchangeDeclare
(System.String exchange, System.String type, Boolean durable)
[0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
   [nunit2]   at tools.RabbitConnection.ExchangeDeclare (System.String
exchange) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Does anybody know why it complains about QUEUE NOT FOUND when I call
ExchangeDeclare? Is this a bug or a feature? :)

I'm using .Net client 1.8.0.

Thanks,
Ovidiu