[rabbitmq-discuss] hanging on message sending with py-amqplib

tsuraan tsuraan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 01:35:34 BST 2010

> And that's in a rabbit that otherwise is completely idle?

It's not apparently doing anything; it should be (there are a few
other agents that are stuck trying to commit), but it's not.  disk and
cpu activity are idle.

> How much memory is rabbit currently using?

/proc/<pid>/status gives 446MB (peak of 589MB).  That's on a 2GB machine

> Does the rabbit.log say anything about memory alarms?

It looks like in an 8-minute interval about 5 hours ago, it had 57
high memory events (57 alerts, and 57 clears).  That was about 3 hours
before I ran my script that hung, I think.

> If you can, please post the output of the various rabbitmqctl list_*
> commands.

Names changed to protect the innocent (*sigh*):

Listing queues ...
Queue0  5
Queue1  54468
Queue2  0