[rabbitmq-discuss] Silly Question...Delete Guest User?

Chris Chew chrisch at ecollege.com
Fri Oct 1 20:56:40 BST 2010

Thank you for the confirmation.  We are creating new users for the various systems connecting to our furry Rabbit, but wanted to delete guest in the interest of security.

I just first wanted to make sure there wasn't some hidden internal operational requirement on guest.

The admin guide (http://www.rabbitmq.com/admin-guide.html) advises changing the guest password, perhaps it would be more proper to say,

"It is advisable to delete the guest user or change the password to something private, particularly if your broker is accessible publicly."

Thanks!

Chris