[rabbitmq-discuss] Should I upgrade all clients if I upgrade the server to 2.2.0

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Nov 30 14:16:33 GMT 2010

On 30/11/10 14:11, Dimitri del Marmol wrote:
> Since 2.2.0 comes with automatic server upgrades in non clustered mode
> this is something I need to get my head around since, if I understand
> correctly, the server will upgrade automatically whereas I'm still
> responsible on upgrading the client apps.

That's the "database" (mnesia, queues etc) that gets upgraded
automatically when you upgrade the server installation by hand - i.e.
we're not saying the server will then pull down upgrades from the
internet or anything. That's apt's job ;)

> RTFMs (with URLs plz) accepted since this is a pretty n00b question ;-)

Short answer:

1.x server + 2.x clients - won't work at all.
Everything else should work.

We still recommend upgrading everything whenever you can of course :)

Cheers, Simon
--
Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ