[rabbitmq-discuss] does rabbit eat memory?

Robert Fuller fullergalway at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 17:09:35 GMT 2010

> No - provided the queue is staying at a constant length, and the
> consumers are acking messages (the "messages unacknowledged" field
> should stay constant and low), the memory usage should not grow
> continuously.
ok, thanks this also makes sense.

What eventually happens to message 2 in sequence 1,2,3,4,5 if the
other messages in the sequence have been acknowledged, (but not 2)?
What needs to change in order for message 2 to be received again by
the consumer?

I think that in the case of some errors in the running application the
consumer client did not acknowledge some messages. I was secretly
naively hoping that such messages would be injected by the server into
the sequence at a later point after some timeout not having received
the ack.