[rabbitmq-discuss] Headless install (which it thinks is an 'upgrade' though it isn't) of Rabbit MQ server

Benjamin Renaud br at versly.com
Tue Nov 23 23:15:59 GMT 2010

Hi,

When I try to install Rabbit MQ Server on Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS, I get an
interactive screen telling me that "I have an earlier version of Rabbit
installed and that this will destroy my old data, do I want to continue?". I
must install Rabbit Server headless (without human intervention) so this is
a show-stopper for me.  DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
does not work.

Furthermore, the machine in question is a clean AMI from Amazon EC2, with no
Rabbit not installed on it at all. So I need a way pass in 'ok' every time
(pipe something into the script?). Or preferably not get this dialog.

Anyone knows a solution to this?

Thanks!!
Benjamin