[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmqctl script complaints

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Nov 18 16:30:19 GMT 2010

On 18/11/10 16:23, Aaron Westendorf wrote:
> It's been awhile since I tried to run the debian package release
> builds of rabbitmq.  In setting up my new workstation, I opted for
> this route rather than source to see how I fared.
>
> It was smooth except for this bit in /usr/sbin/rabbitmqctl:

<snip>

The /usr/sbin/rabbitmqctl which ships with the RPM / Debian packages is
only a wrapper, there to enforce the root requirement and su to the
rabbitmq user for people who've installed RabbitMQ the normal way and
don't want to care about Erlang cookies.

If you Know What You Are Doing and want to sidestep all that, the
unwrapped rabbitmqctl script can be found at
/usr/lib/rabbitmq/bin/rabbitmqctl instead.

Cheers, Simon
--
Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ