[rabbitmq-discuss] Get a list of running nodes in RabbitMQ cluster

sriramv sriram.varahan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 11:52:40 GMT 2010

Hello,

        I have set up a RabbitMQ cluster consisting of 2 nodes. I need to
retrieve the running nodes on the cluster.

One way of doing this would be to run 'rabbitmqctl list_queues' on either of
these nodes.

What if I want to remotely(a client) fetch this information from either of
these nodes. The reason for this is I am implementing HA on the client side
rather than on RabbitMQ server. So in case one of the nodes goes down I will
know the other one running and can connect to this.

Any suggestion for achieving this functionality.

Thanks,
Sriram.