[rabbitmq-discuss] as3-amqp connection failed

Tim Sawyer list.rabbit at calidris.co.uk
Mon Nov 15 18:43:03 GMT 2010

On 12/11/10 10:05, Tim Sawyer wrote:
> On 11/11/10 15:52, Ben Hood wrote:
>  > The AS3 client hasn't been maintained for a quite a while now, mainly
>  > due to lack of interest.
> I'm not a big fan of AS3 myself, but that's what I'm stuck with for now!
> On 11/11/10 15:10, Simon MacMullen wrote:
>> On 11/11/10 15:03, Tim Sawyer wrote:
>>> Does anyone have any clues where to start looking? Is anyone out there
>>> using the as3-amqp client?
>> Anything showing up in the RabbitMQ server logs? Can you see what's
>> happening with Wireshark? (It only understands AMQP 0-9 so will fail to
>> decode some frames, but should give you a better clue...)
>> Cheers, Simon
> Thanks everyone, I'll have a look at the network traffic Monday and see
> if I can see what's going on.

Fixed it. Wireshark gave me the clue that I needed, I found an error 
message on the wire.

The back end declares an exchange as auto delete = true. The as3 front
end library is hard coded to declare the exchange as auto delete =
false. It looks like this worked fine on previous versions of rabbitmq, 
but newer servers throw an error.

I changed my back end to declare the exchange as auto delete = false and 
it works again now.

Thanks for your help everyone,


More information about the rabbitmq-discuss mailing list