[rabbitmq-discuss] ll_alloc errors on RabbitMQ 2.1.1

Manuel DE FERRAN mdeferran at ubikod.com
Mon Nov 15 12:35:43 GMT 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Matthew Sackman <matthew at rabbitmq.com>wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 11:56:25AM +0100, Manuel DE FERRAN wrote:
> > recently we upgraded to version 2.1.1. We picked up the official debian
> > package, and installed it on a debian lenny. And we face problems of
> memory
> > allocation 'll_alloc: Cannot allocate 486539264 bytes of memory (of type
> > "port_tab")' when invoking rabbitmqctl.
>
> How much RAM is installed in the machine? How much is available? Have
> you performed any configuration of Rabbit such as altering the
> vm_high_memory_watermark value? Is it a 32-bit or 64-bit installation?

1.5 GB is assigned to this machine (that's a xen virtual machine). There is
more than 500MB of available memory. We released up to 1GB, and that did not
fix the issue.

We are using the default configuration, means no configuration at all.

And that's a 64 bits installation, we grabbed the debian package from
http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-server/v2.1.1/.