[rabbitmq-discuss] Running rabbitmq client on visual studio 2005

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Thu Nov 11 08:33:09 GMT 2010

Hi Vincent,

Vincent Cheong <vincentcheongst at gmail.com> writes:
> I believe the individual .c files were compiled. The respective obj file
> were found in librabbitmq/.libs.

Yes, but the compiler commands that produced those obj files were not
present in the build output you sent.  I'd like to see the output you
get when building from an absolutely clean state, to help me understand
the cause of the error.

> However, I did not get the source files via
> a 'hg clone' but downloaded them from
> http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-c/file/f09918f7aa73.

Downloading that revision via one of the archive links (such as the
'zip' link) is fine too.  But make sure you delete your existing
rabbitmq-c directory first - don't just unpack over it - so that you
build from a clean state.

> I have multiple
> versions of visual studio installed on my machine but i'm forcing it to use
> my visual studio 2005 compiler. I did so by removing the 10.0 and 9.0 for
> the vsvers and v7.0A and v6.0A from the build-ms.sh file. Is this the
> correct way to it or have I introduced an error by doing so?

This should be fine.  I expect that if you do not make this change, and
so build with the compiler from VS 10.0, you will get the same error.

David

--
David Wragg
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ