[rabbitmq-discuss] Help! I broke my it!

Michael Bridgen mikeb at rabbitmq.com
Tue Nov 9 07:07:24 GMT 2010

On 09/11/2010 03:20, Nick Perkins wrote:
> Help! I broke my it!
> I tried to install some plugins, but now even when I remove them it
> still won't work.
> What did I do?

It looks like you've installed the management plugin in an old RabbitMQ.
It won't in general (there may be exceptions) work with versions older
than itself.

> How do I fix it?

Either upgrade RabbitMQ to the same version as the management plugin
(2.1.1, if you've downloaded the plugin recently), or live without the
management plugin for now.  I don't think it goes as far back as v1.8.0.

You can get debs and RPMs (or a tarball) for the most recent versions
from http://www.rabbitmq.com/, or your favourite distribution may just
have it.

Michael