[rabbitmq-discuss] JBoss and RabbitMQ

rob rob at rabbitmq.com
Mon Nov 8 13:16:05 GMT 2010

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 17:26:08 -0200, "Fernando Rodrigo Chagas Dourado"
<fdourado at bancofator.com.br> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have a doubt about jBoss and RabbitMQ.
>

> It's possible to jBoss consume or deliver a message to RabbitMQ?
>

> I'm looking for some solution that doesn't use threads inside
> application server.
>

> --
>
> Fernando Dourado

Fernando,

Any application you can deploy to JBoss can consume and deliver messages
to RabbitMQ using the Java Client.

Creating a connection to the broker requires that a single thread be
created for managing the conversation with the broker. You can reuse this
same connection across any number of your application threads.

If you are looking for a solution that doesn't create any threads at all,
then you can use the STOMP adapter to send messages into the server. You
can do this in the same thread that your application code is running on.

You can consume messages using STOMP as well but doing so without a
dedicated TCP thread is going to be messy and unreliable.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Rob