[rabbitmq-discuss] what would cause queue size to immediately go to 0?

Shane shane at digitalsanctum.com
Fri Nov 5 13:25:30 GMT 2010

I have a fanout exchange with one consumer and I'm seeing the queue
size go from over 60 to 0 as soon as the first message is consumed.
After that I'm seeing logging indicating the messages are continuing
to get consumed at the expected rate (one every ~30s). I'm observing
the queue size by looking at the "Queues" page of the mgmt plugin as
well as running rabbitmqctl list_queues. I've tested this with all the
2.x versions and erlange 5.7.5 and 5.8.1.1 on windows xp.

Anyone see this behavior before?