[rabbitmq-discuss] unacknowledged messages lost after broker kill, despite consumer txCommit and noAck

rjwirth rwirth at demandware.com
Thu Nov 4 14:18:01 GMT 2010

Marek Majkowski wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 13:58, Marek Majkowski <majek04 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Maybe I missed something, but I'm not able to reproduce your results.
>> 1. I publish 5 persistent messages in a transaction (tx_select,
>> tx_commit).
>> 2. I receive all of them, with no_ack=False and not acknowledge manually.
>> 3. Restart the server.
>>
>> For both, hard kill and `rabbitmqctl stop` I'm able to see the messages
>> after
>> rabbit is up again.
>>
>> Did I get everything right?

Hello Marek,
yes, I got this working too. See also
http://old.nabble.com/Lose-messages-between-restarts-of-broker-ts30071809.html.
In my initial testing, I must've had some message from a previous non-tx
producer/channel (and a tx consumer channel). This then also allows for the
consumer to run in non-tx mode; if the broker crashes, you'd incur dup
messages if an ack or reject didn't get committed in time.
Thanks
-Rudi

-----
Rudi Wirth