[rabbitmq-discuss] Remote configuration of users and permissions

Amr Mostafa amr.mostafa at egyptdc.com
Thu Nov 4 14:05:33 GMT 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 10:41 AM, <jiri at krutil.com> wrote:

> We need to set up a mechanism for automatic re-configuration of users and
> permissions on the broker whenever a change is made in our back end, such as
> adding a new user or changing user privileges.

Spring-AMQP has an in-progress implementation of a RabbitMQ administration
interface that speaks to RabbitMQ over the Java-Erlang interface.

http://static.springsource.org/spring-amqp/docs/1.0.x/api/org/springframework/amqp/rabbit/admin/RabbitBrokerAdmin.html

That's what I'd use now. Though historically I've also tried Alice and
implemented a Java wrapper around it, and the results were satisfying, I
didn't try the Management plugin's HTTP API before, but I'd give it a try
before Alice if I want to head down the REST API route.

Regards,
Amr