[rabbitmq-discuss] AlreadyClosedException in Java client

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Nov 3 11:57:37 GMT 2010

Jiri,

On 03/11/10 11:48, jiri at krutil.com wrote:
> Is there a way to say that the channel should remain open even if an
>  error occurs in basic.publish?

No, all errors in AMQP close either the channel or the connection.

> Or a way how to get register a channel.close listener,

Yes. See Channel.addShutdownListener et al.

> so that I know I  need to re-open the channel in case I want to
> continue using it?

There is a good chance that anything you do along these lines will be
racy. Since the errors arrive asynchronously it generally is impossible
to guarantee that the invocation of a method on a channel won't fail
with an AlreadyClosedException. So you may want to catch that exception
and re-open the channel then.

Regards,

Matthias.