[rabbitmq-discuss] message/artifact chunking?

Jon Brisbin jon.brisbin at npcinternational.com
Fri May 7 20:25:12 BST 2010

I'm approaching deploying WARs and other deployment artifacts into my cloud using RabbitMQ (of course! ;) by sending a message containing a URL the consumer could use to download the necessary resource, but I was wondering if I should not so easily dismiss chunking my artifacts and sending them in pieces into the cloud, rather than sending a reference to an HTTP-accessible resource which must be downloaded and deployed?

Does anyone use chunking for sending large objects via messages? Is it better or worse than forcing consumers to download their own resource? How do you keep messages in order and make sure your artifacts don't get corrupted? I've never done async chunking before so thought I'd see if anyone has experience in this area...

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin
Portal Webmaster
NPC International, Inc.