[rabbitmq-discuss] Deleting Queues, How?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu May 6 17:02:06 BST 2010

I'm afraid that writing a small app to do this is the only option.

The BQL plugin (http://www.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-bql.html) has a "drop
queue" command, but you won't be able to get BQL installed without
restarting RabbitMQ.

At some point we'd like to write a command line client for ad hoc use
and scripting. Time is, as usual, the problem...

Cheers, Simon

On 06/05/10 16:19, Alvaro Videla <videlalvaro at gmail.com> said:
> Your library should implement a method called
> queue_delete('queue_name'); or something similar according to the
> language.
>
> -Alvaro On May 6, 2010, at 10:59 PM, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got some queues that were created as permanent on a fanout
>> exchange that should have been created as temporary
>> (exclusive=True).  I'm trying to find a way to delete them since
>> they are slowly filiing up.  Is there a utility out there that will
>> give me a way to do this, or must I shut down RabbitMQ and restart
>> the world?
>>
>> ...Thanks, ...Ken

Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ