[rabbitmq-discuss] Consumer stop to receive messages but continue listening queue problem.

Gustavo Aquino aquino.gustavo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 15:47:37 GMT 2010

Matthew,

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Matthew Sackman <matthew at lshift.net>wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:21:44AM -0300, Gustavo Aquino wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Matthew Sackman <matthew at lshift.net>
> wrote:
> > > server
> other
> > > 4
> >
> > Sorry but I don't understand why we have 4kHz in total.
>
> 2kHz * 2. Maybe you were giving cumulative rates and you meant 2kHz
> inbound in total?

2KhZ in total, one producer post about ~200/s and other ~2000/s but
the average is 2000/s.

> > All 8 consumers are listening the same queue.
>
> Ahhh! So each consumer will receive 1/8th of the messages. Thus if we
> have 2kHz inbound, we will now have 2kHz outbound.

No, 2kHz for inbound and 4kHz for outbound, I have two queues listening the
same exchange messages but with different proposals, for each queue I have 8
consumer so I have 8 consumers for queue1 and 8 for queue2 and 2 producers
for Exchange1.

> > > Also, when this happens, what does Rabbit record in the logs?
>
> ?

Nothing, I don't see nothing in logs, just INFO tasks about open and close
connections.

> > This is the point, I think that we will be the first in this environment,
> > tried to found some experiences in Internet but don't found nothing. I'm
> > using Erlang R12 yes I know it's very old, but RH have only this version
> > compiled for ppc, I'm trying to install R13B but having some compiling
> > problems with ncourses, but It's other e-mail :).
>
> You should be able to compile erlang without requiring ncurses, but
> you'd at least have to provided a number of extra flags to configure.

I'm trying to found it, or do you know what version of ncourses Erlang13
need ? I have ncourses installed but configure don't recognize it.

> > Sorry, I put wrong values, my fault, My message size have 180 Bytes ~
> > 1Kbytes.
>
> Right, so we've gone from world-beating network performance to about
> 2MB/s. :D

Yes for inbound,  for outbound ~4MB/s. About network performance I had
1gbit between this environments, and will test fiber channel. But we had
monitoring network and get average 40% of utilization.

> > And all in the same queue. Another information Rabbit always crash
> > with queue size get Rabbit's memory limit I try to found but don't see a
> way
> > to configure queue to drop messages after a specific size or memory
> limit.
>
> What is the crash message, what are the entries in Rabbit's logs?
>
> Last time that I do this test I just found this error.Some times Rabbit
stop to response and we need to kill him.

=CRASH REPORT==== 10-Mar-2010::08:12:53 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: application_master:init/4
    pid: <0.103.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception exit: {{timeout_waiting_for_tables,
                         [rabbit_user,rabbit_user_permission,rabbit_vhost,

 rabbit_config,rabbit_listener,rabbit_durable_route,
                          rabbit_route,rabbit_reverse_route,
                          rabbit_durable_exchange,rabbit_exchange,
                          rabbit_durable_queue,rabbit_queue]},
                     {rabbit,start,[normal,[]]}}
      in function  application_master:init/4
    ancestors: [<0.102.0>]