[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ and Qpid Java Client

SteAp appel at dvs.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Mar 8 17:56:24 GMT 2010

Hey,

I'm playing around with RabbitMQ 1.7.2 and the SVN version (0.7) of the Qpid
Java Client (JMS). I did create the vhost, a user and set permission. Now
when trying to connect I get the following error:

     [java] Caused by: org.apache.qpid.AMQConnectionFailureException: Unable
to Connect
     [java] 	at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection.<init>(AMQConnection.java:619)
     [java] 	at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionFactory.createConnection(AMQConnectionFactory.java:276)
     [java] 	... 4 more
     [java] Caused by: org.apache.qpid.AMQException: cannot connect to
broker [error code 504: channel error]
     [java] 	at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionDelegate_0_10.makeBrokerConnection(AMQConnectionDelegate_0_10.java:209)
     [java] 	at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection.makeBrokerConnection(AMQConnection.java:760)
     [java] 	at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection.<init>(AMQConnection.java:546)
     [java] 	... 5 more

Could be due to an AMQP version mismatch; the client works fine with Qpid
which is at AMQP 0-10 while RabbitMQ is at AMQP 0-9 (?). But I'm not sure
about this...
Has anybody seen this error before or an idea how to fix it?

Thanks!
Cheers,
Stefan