[rabbitmq-discuss] Flag implemented in exchange.delete but not in queue.delete?

Péter Szilágyi peterke at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 12:17:41 GMT 2010

Hi,

  I have an interesting problem (I'm using version 1.7.0 of the broker):
both the exchange.delete and queue.delete have a if_unused flag. The specs
state, that if the if_unused flag is true, then an exchange will only be
deleted if it does not have any bindings (basically I don't have to keep
track of everything, but simply ask the server to only delete if nobody is
using it any more). Now my problem is, that the queue.delete also has such a
flag, but alas does nothing (and I also haven't found any infos about it).
My reasoning would be that it should do exactly the same thing: if there are
exchanges still bound to the queue, it shouldn't be deleted, nonetheless it
deletes it. Any ideas why this strange behaviour?

Thanks,
  Peter

PS: I'm using the erlang client.