[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue slow to come up with a lot of messages stored on disk w/ bug21637 branch

scott w scottblanc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 17:35:29 GMT 2010

I've noticed the following behavior when there are a large number of
messages persisted to disk, e.g. > 1M, and I restart rabbitmq. Initially,
when I list the queues using rabbitmqctl it says there are no queues. Then
after a minute or two a couple queues begin to appear and then after ~5-10
minutes all the queues show up. I am using branch bug21637. Is this expected
behaviour? FWIW, I would have expected all of the queues themselves to show
up immediately assuming that the queues and their sizes are indexed and
stored separately from the actual data files.

thanks,
Scott