[rabbitmq-discuss] can I do a rabbitmq message pool?

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jun 30 17:52:19 BST 2010

Hi Ovidiu,

Ovidiu Deac <ovidiudeac at gmail.com> writes:
> [...]
> Is it possible to retrieve a message from a queue based on an id? I
> would need more like a pool then a queue.

Rabbit only supports obtaining messages from the head of a queue
(whether by consuming or by basic.get).  There is currently no way to
query or browse the messages within a queue.

> I could do that in code but I want my message to be safe in case of a
> crash so I would like to make use of the message persistence.

People normally use databases in your situation.  NoSQL key-value
databases work nicely here, because you can just store the message body
under the relevant ID without worrying about schemas.  But relational
DBs will work too.

David

--
David Wragg