[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ C library function amqp_simple_wait_frame takes 400 ms

Jim Irrer irrer at umich.edu
Sat Jun 26 00:21:04 BST 2010

Hi All -

I'm working on two functions that act as a client-server pair.  They
use two amq.direct queues to communicate.  When ever either of
them calls the amqp_simple_wait_frame function, it does not return
for 436618 microseconds.

Some other background info that might be relevant:

If I only send messages in one direction it's really fast.

Both processes are using separate connectors and different sockets.

I used the amqp_consumer.c amqp_producer.c code in
the examples directory as a reference.

Is there a way to avoid this delay?

Also ...

Could I use the same socket in each program as long as it was only
used by one thread at a time?

Could I use the same connection in each program if it was only
used by one thread at a time?

Thanks for any insights,

- Jim

Jim Irrer     irrer at umich.edu       (734) 647-4409
University of Michigan Hospital Radiation Oncology
519 W. William St.             Ann Arbor, MI 48103