[rabbitmq-discuss] Debugging rabbitmq crash

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jun 25 13:56:27 BST 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 07:19:29AM -0400, Matt Calder wrote:
> The second run stopped in the same manner. I was running rabbitmq
> 1.7.2 and erlang 13B03. I had started before I got Matthias's
> suggestion to upgrade rabbit.  This time I captured the stack traces
> of the two processes when they stopped.

Hmm, if Rabbit itself is in trouble then there should be entries in
Rabbit's logs. It's possible it's a memory exhaustion issue, or it could
be a client issue - there are many possibilities at this point. What
information is returned by commands such as "rabbitmqctl list_queues"
etc? The rabbit logs should be the most revealing though.

How are you getting on with 1.8.0?

Matthew