[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit crash, new persister

John Apps johndapps at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 21:23:07 BST 2010

I have been using the Java programs which are available with the kit. .NET
is something I have yet to try and really should start.
One word of warning: since Erlang is 32-bit mode only, you will run out of
memory quite quickly with certain tests, leading invariably to a crash. You
probably already know this, but in case you did not...
If you have a handy little .NET example lying around, I would love to give a
go. However, I will download the .NET kit and give it a whirl.

I have the following lines in my rabbitmq.config file:

[
        {kernel,
                [{inet_dist_listen_min, 65535},
                 {inet_dist_listen_max, 65535},
                 {inet_default_listen_options,
                        [{nodelay,true}, {sndbuf,65535}, {recbuf,65535}]},
                 {inet_default_connect_options, [{nodelay,true}]}
                ]
        },
        {os_mon,
                [{start_cpu_sup,true},
                 {start_disksup,false},
                 {start_memsup, false},
                 {system_memory_high_watermark, 0.9}
                ]
        },
        {rabbit, [{vm_memory_high_watermark, 0.4}]},
        {rabbit, [{memory_alarms, true}]},
        {mnesia, [{dump_log_write_threshold, 1000}]},
        {rabbit, []}
].
The important ones are the vm_memory_high_watermark and the memory_alarms
true. I have found that using the maximum sndbuf and recbuf give me the best
performance on Windows 7 X64.

--
---
John Apps