[rabbitmq-discuss] is there java client 1.8.0 changelog or migration howto?

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jun 18 11:13:10 BST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 01:18:23PM +0400, mabrek wrote:
> After digging deeper I found that ability to pass several addresses to
> ConnectionFactory was removed.
> private newConnection(Address[] addresses, ...) still has the loop
> through array of addresses but it's never used since
> newConnection(...) is always called with single address.

If the server sends a redirect back to the client then the client will
act upon it. The server can send several redirects, which is why the
loop is still there - it's for processing the responses from the client.

Why did you have need for the old API?

> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 12:48 PM, mabrek <mabrek at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I updated java client dependency from 1.7.2 to 1.8.0 in my project and
> > it failed to compile due to ConnectionParameters that had been
> > removed.

Yeah, the connectionfactory has been vastly improved and is almost
approaching idiomatic Java now.

> > Is there changelog or something like java client migration howto?

Nope. We've not written such a thing.

Matthew