[rabbitmq-discuss] Publish to queue fails but publish to direct exchange works

Raphael Simon raphael at rightscale.com
Thu Jun 17 22:39:22 BST 2010

More information on this: the successful case (message actually ends up in
the queue) uses:

[:sending,
 #<AMQP::Protocol::Basic::Publish:0xac16128
  @debug=1,
  @exchange=
   "my_queue",
  @immediate=nil,
  @mandatory=nil,
  @routing_key=nil,
  @ticket=1>]

while the error case (message does not make it to the queue, i.e.
rabbitmqctl list_queues shows 0 message in the queue) uses:

[:sending,
 #<AMQP::Protocol::Basic::Publish:0xa2b47d8
  @debug=1,
  @exchange="",
  @immediate=nil,
  @mandatory=nil,
  @routing_key=
   "my_queue",
  @ticket=1>]

I'm still wondering what are the steps that would recreate this state.

--
Raphael.