[rabbitmq-discuss] revoking or removing queued messages

Scott Brooks scott at beamdog.com
Thu Jun 17 19:04:53 BST 2010

I'm pretty sure there is no way to remove a message(besides a full
purge of a queue) since publishing is async so you never really have a
way to refer to that message.

Some times changes your approach can solve the problem though.
I'm not sure what your needs are, but lets assume your are processing
PDF files or something like that.

One approach would be to send a message containing all the text to be
processed as the message, which then the consumer grabs and works
with.
Another approach would be to send a message saying "document X is
ready to be processed", and the consumer then grabs
http://my.pdf.processor.com/documents/X, and does the work.

The second approach lets you respond with a "job canceled" message
when you request the actual document.

Scott