[rabbitmq-discuss] debugging via Java client causes handshake timeout?

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jun 11 18:39:13 BST 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 10:35:43AM -0700, Shane wrote:
> If I run the same code NOT using my debugger, it's able to make a
> connection and publish a message as expected. Is this a known issue or
> is there a way to increase the timeout so I can use a debugger?

I'd suggest you just set the breakpoint after the connection has been
established. There is a 3 second timeout in the handshake with the
broker. This timeout is not exposed via configuration thus you'd need to
recompile the broker if you wished to change it. You'd need to change
the NORMAL_TIMEOUT and possible the HANDSHAKE_TIMEOUT too at the top of
rabbit_reader.erl.

Matthew