[rabbitmq-discuss] list_queues times out

Tyler Williams tyler at echonest.com
Thu Jun 10 19:17:56 BST 2010

Hello,

I'm running rabbitmq bugfix 21673 on a dual core 1.7Ghz machine with 8GB of RAM.

I'm having a problem where after running for a while, and with a very large number of messages (10M+, using about 4G RAM), rabbit will get into a state where it is still working, but I cannot list queues. I've been using the rabbitmq-status plugin, and this also stops working, with this message in the logs when I hit the status page:

=ERROR REPORT==== 8-Jun-2010::01:29:00 ===
{mochiweb_socket_server,235,
    {child_error,
        {timeout,{gen_server2,call,[rabbit_status_web,get_context]}}}}

Can I do anything else to debug this? Is this a known issue?

Thanks.

--tyler