[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ and C Interface

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jun 7 00:29:51 BST 2010

Hi J.,

J76 <newsjimi at gmail.com> writes:
> We have an distributed application written in CPP (on windows) , and
> We would like replace our communication library with rabbitmq.  So the
> RabbitMQ C client is EXPERIMENTAL, Exists a module like
> erl_interface.h for rabbitmq? We would like to avoid
> http://markmail.org/message/2phdwvrvwc57ya5m.

Currently there is no mature option for acessing rabbitmq from C/C++ on
Windows.  As you say, the rabbitmq-c client is experimental, and does
not currently support Windows.  The OpenAMQ C client may be an
alternative, but that route relies on 0.9.1 support, which is also
experimental in RabbitMQ.

We haven't abandoned rabbitmq-c, but at the moment we're not in a
position to say what the future may hold for it.

Another suggestion, which may or may not be relevant to your situation:
I've had success in the past on Windows calling C# code from other
languages via COM.  In that way, you might be able to use the RabbitMQ
C# client, which is supported.  But this approach is fairly contorted,
and whether it makes sense would depend upon the details of your
project.

David

--
David Wragg