[rabbitmq-discuss] 'immediate' vs 'mandatory'

Oleg Zhurakousky ozhurakousky at vmware.com
Sun Jun 6 18:20:56 BST 2010

Well, if the only way for the server to know "the client has processed the message successfully is if it receives an ack", but at the same time server can not wait for an ack forever (in case of client failures), then what is the purpose of an ACK in relation to 'immediate' flag? It seem to be meaningless... right?

Oleg