[rabbitmq-discuss] 'immediate' vs 'mandatory'

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jun 4 17:54:25 BST 2010

On 04/06/10 16:54, Oleg Zhurakousky wrote:
> So what does 'must be delivered to the consumer means?'
> a) handleDelivery(..) was successfully invoked.
> b) consumer sent ACK.
> c) consumer processes message transactionally and then commits it

Well, from the perspective of the server a) and b) are the same thing
(the server cannot be sure the client has seen the message unless it
sees an ack).

However, it looks like what we actually do is to consider it delivered
(for the purposes of the immediate flag but not any other) as soon as we
start to send the message to the consumer. Hmm.

Cheers, Simon