[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-jsonrpc-channel on port 80

Donovan donovanhide at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 08:22:11 BST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to set up rabbit_mochiweb to be served on port 80 so that I
can invoke JSON-RPC methods without any firewall configuration. On
Lucid Lynx I configure /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.conf:

[
    {rabbit_mochiweb, [{port, 80}]}
].

and get:

Error: {node_start_failed,normal}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
Kernel pid terminated (application_controller)
({application_start_failure,rabbit_mochiweb,{shutdown,
{rabbit_mochiweb_app,start,[normal,[]]}}})

If I change the port to any value above 1023, it works, which makes me
think this a running as root issue. Any ideas how to make this work?

Cheers,
Donovan.