[rabbitmq-discuss] compiling rabbitmq-c under mingw

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jul 23 20:57:44 BST 2010

Jim Irrer <irrer at umich.edu> writes:
> Ok, that was no help at all,    :)
> but I got it working.
>
> The big key is to replace all of the socket calls with Windows
> compatible calls (which you probably did):
>
> write --> sendto
> read --> recvfrom
> close --> closesocket
> htons macro --> htons function
> use MS inet_addr function
> call WSAStartup before you do anything
> (not sure if I listed all of them)

The bug22825 branch does this, and a few other things besides, while
maintaining support for builds under unix-descended operating systems
too.

Could you tell me what the reason you were unable to use it was?
bu22825 is likely to be merged into default in the not too distant
future, so if there is a problem with it, it would be cool if you could
let us know about it.

David

--
David Wragg