[rabbitmq-discuss] channel.flow_ok{active=false} and java client 1.8.1

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 21 09:38:23 BST 2010

On 21/07/10 08:26, Chester Shen wrote:
> In my huge memory consumption program when it hit the memory watermark
> the client will receive a channel.flow{active=false} which I can capture
> in FlowListener, then I need to send a channel.flow_ok{active=false} to
> acknowledge it, but I do not know how to do it in java client 1.8.1.
> Is there a method that I miss or it has not been implemented yet?

Hi Chester. You shouldn't need to do that - the Java client should
receive the flow message, automatically respond with flow-ok, and cause
Channel.basicPublish to block until it sees a channel.flow{active=true}.

The FlowListener is just there in case you need to be aware that this is
happening; in normal use you shouldn't need to do anything.

Cheers, Simon