[rabbitmq-discuss] configuring beam and rabbit

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jul 15 19:00:56 BST 2010

Aaron,

On 15/07/10 18:30, Aaron Westendorf wrote:
> For a future release, I'd recommend:
>
> * better documentation on rabbitmq.config

There are actually very few rabbit application env vars, but yes, they
should be documented better.

> * deprecating the rabbitmq_cluster.config file in favor of a single config

We could make that part of rabbitmq.config. I have filed a bug for that.

> * renaming rabbitmq.conf to rabbitmq.env or similar

We've never been happy with the confusingly similar naming but have so
far failed to come up with a sensible alternative. "rabbitmq.env" is
nice but we already have a "rabbitmq-env" script in our distribution, so
there could be a new kind of confusion. We rejected "rabbitmq-env.sh"
for the same reason. Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Matthias.