[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq with one producer no consumer

Davorin Rusevljan davorin.rusevljan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 14:29:14 BST 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Robert Raschke <rtrlists at googlemail.com>wrote:

> I think you should use some flow control. If your Rabbit has the memory
> alerts turned on, then your producer can pick up the
> channel.flow/active=false and stop sending until you get the active=true.
>
> Otherwise your sending of persistent message will eventually make Rabbit
> run out of resources.
>
> Robby

well, I think RabbitMQ server should have (and it probably does?) means to
stop accepting messages from the producer before it enters the inconsistent
and unrecoverable state. Because in many applications server can not expect
to have cooperative and well behaved producers, and it should be able to
survive such situations without going down.

davorin rusevljan
http://www.cloud208.com/