[rabbitmq-discuss] configure: error: could not find AMQP spec file at "'/codegen/amqp-0.9.1.json'"

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 14 20:23:22 BST 2010

Rauan Maemirov <rauan at maemirov.com> writes:
> CentOS 5.4 (5.5)

That's the key.  I've managed to reproduce your problem now.

The issue seems to be that CentOS/RHEL has an old version of autoconf
which doesn't support the ac_abs_confdir variable.

But you can work around this issue by setting this variable in the
environment when you run configure, like so:

  $ ac_abs_confdir=$PWD ./configure

After that, I can "make" successfully (there are some warnings while
generating the man pages, but the resulting man pages look ok).

David

--
David Wragg
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ