[rabbitmq-discuss] Regarding FIFO Support

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 7 22:13:43 BST 2010

Jason, Tim,

Timothy Chen wrote:
 > I thought I read that somewhere as well, but definitely good to know
 > there is ordering support now in RabbitMQ (a new feature? ).

It's not a new feature. You may have seen is discussions involving
scenarios which fall outside the conditions for which the ordering
guarantees apply. It is all too easy to end up in such situations. In
particular note the "unless the redelivered field is set" condition,
which means any disconnect by consumers can cause messages pending
acknowledgement to be subsequently delivered out of order.

Regards,

Matthias.