[rabbitmq-discuss] Synchronous confirmation of delivery to the queue

Andrius Norkaitis andrius.norkaitis at oryo.lt
Mon Jul 5 09:05:00 BST 2010

Hello,

I have publisher which send message to consumer (using direct exchange and
non-durable, autodelete queue) and it needs instant confirmation that the
message is routed to the query. I can't use asynchronous IModel.BasicReturn
event because I need to know is message routed to query instantly after I
call publish method. I think it may be done using autodelete queue,
mandatory and immediate message flags, and transactions. If subscriber is
offline there would be no query to deliver the message so publisher should
get exception after it calls publish method. Could you give me quick sample?

Thanks.
Andrius