[rabbitmq-discuss] Pika uploaded to PyPI

Sigurd Høgsbro sigurd.hogsbro at museeka.com
Thu Jul 1 22:56:07 BST 2010

I switched to pika a while back when I ran into problems with Barry's
amqplib. Specifically:
 - lack of support for flow-control
 - lack of support for content > framesize
 - lack of support to handle reconnection when/if RabbitMQ server is
unreachable/unavailable

I have enjoyed using pika so far, and have recently forked the github
project to add a patch for timeouts on asyncore connection loop. The
patch lets callers override the default 30 sec timeout currently
hardcoded within pika. I hope Tony likes the patch and commits it to
his master.

Cheers,

Sigurd