[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ JSON-RPC via GET rather than POST

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Thu Jul 1 02:19:14 BST 2010

Hi Donovan,

Donovan wrote:
> I'm trying to create the equivalent GET version of the POST curl
> above, so that I can do JSON-RPC across domains. POST is not permitted
> by browsers when using jQuery, annoyingly!!!

Ah, cross-domain JSON-RPC. A total PITA.

jQuery, though, definitely does support POST, but maybe not in a cross-domain
situation? You can see our usage of jQuery's POST ajax support here:
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-jsonrpc-channel/file/4acfad91d6cb/priv/www/rabbitmq-jquery.js#46
(see lines 44-59).

Regards,
  Tony

P.S. you may also be interested in http://reversehttp.net/relay-http-spec.html
from the point-of-view of its applicability to cross-domain work. :-)