[rabbitmq-discuss] problem with rabbitmq-activate-plugins

Roland Reumerman roland.reumerman at ecosourcing.ph
Fri Jan 29 09:15:54 GMT 2010

Hi,
I've followed the instructions on the RabbitMQ website in downloading
rabbitmq-public-umbrella with Mercurial and getting the code there
(including all the plugins) compiled. I created a new plugins
directory in the rabbitmq-server directory and copied all the compiled
.ez files from rabbitmq-smtp there (since that's the plugin I'm
interested in). However, when I run scripts/rabbitmq-activate-plugins
from the rabbitmq-server directory I get the following error:

ERROR: generation of boot script file scripts/../ebin/rabbit.script failed:
Duplicated modules:
	rabbit_writer specified in rabbit and rabbit_common
	rabbit_reader specified in rabbit and rabbit_common
	rabbit_net specified in rabbit and rabbit_common
	rabbit_misc specified in rabbit and rabbit_common
	rabbit_heartbeat specified in rabbit and rabbit_common
	rabbit_framing_channel specified in rabbit and rabbit_common
	rabbit_framing specified in rabbit and rabbit_common
	rabbit_channel specified in rabbit and rabbit_common
	rabbit_binary_parser specified in rabbit and rabbit_common
	rabbit_binary_generator specified in rabbit and rabbit_common
	rabbit_basic specified in rabbit and rabbit_common
	gen_server2 specified in rabbit and rabbit_common

I've googled for this error, but can't find anything relevant that
might help me with this issue. My platform details:

RabbitMQ 1.7.0
Erlang 5.7.2
Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala)

Any help with this issue is appreciated.
Roland